Looking to spruce up your spring palette with some new salad recipes? Look no further! We’ve put together the perfect list of spring inspired salads for you to try this season thanks to Jenny Craig!
Balsamic Bean Salad
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated (optional)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves
- Lightly steam beans for 4-7 minute until tender-crisp.
- When the beans are cooked and warm, stir through the garlic, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine ensuring everything is evenly coated.
- Add the cherry tomatoes then season with salt and pepper to taste. Finish with feta cheese and fresh basil
Dressing the beans while they’re warm allows them to soak up more flavour
Pesto Pasta Salad with Caramelised Leak and Onion
- 1 Jenny Craig Pesto Pasta Salad, thawed
- Spray oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 cup baby rocket leaves
- 20g low fat feta cheese
1. Lightly spray a small pan with spray oil and place on a medium heat. Add in the onion, leek and a splash of water and cook for 10-15 minutes until softened and caramelised. Divide the leek and onion mixture in half. One portion will be used now and the other can be stored and used later.
2. Add half the cooked leek and onion mixture to the thawed Jenny Craig Pesto Pasta Salad. Then add rocket leaves and feta and toss everything to combine.
Apple and Kale Salad
- 4 cups spinach and kale mix
- 1 Pink Lady apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 80g reduced fat feta cheese 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
For the dressing:
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated Pepper
- Make the dressing by combining orange juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic and pepper together in a jug. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Prepare the salad by placing kale and spinach mix into a bowl and top with apple slices, red onion, driedcranberries, feta and basil. Dress with the prepared salad dressing when ready to serve.
Ricotta & Pumpkin Ravioli with Seasonal Spring Veggies
- Spray oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Jenny Craig Ricotta & Pumpkin Ravioli
- 1 cup spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Basil leaves to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the onion and carrot onto the tray then lightly spray with oil and sprinkle over paprika and garlic powder. Bake for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are softened and slightly golden.
3. Once the vegetables are cooked, heat the Jenny Craig Ricotta & Pumpkin Ravioli as per instructions on the packet. Then mix together the roasted vegetables, spinach and Jenny Craig Ricotta & Pumpkin Ravioli. Garnish with fresh basil leaves to serve.
Rocket, Pear & Goats Cheese Salad
1 cup rocket leaves
½ pear, core removed and sliced thinly
½ zucchini, thinly sliced into ribbons
20g goats cheese, crumbled into large chunks
1 tbsp fat free Balsamic salad dressing
Prepare salad by arranging rocket leaves onto a plate and top with pear, zucchini and goats cheese.
When ready to serve, dress the salad with fat free balsamic vinegar dressing.
For more delicious recipes, check our Jenny Craig’s 2021 Spring Menu here