Seafood and Summer are the perfect combination! These holidays throw some prawns on the barbie thanks to this delicious recipe from Barbeques Galore.
Nutritional count per serving 14.5g total fat (2g saturated fat); 1124kj 269 cal); 1.5g carbohydrate; 32.6g protein; 1.1g fibre
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2kg (2½ pounds) cooked large
- King prawns shrimp
- ¼ cup (35g) pistachio dukkah
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Combine dukkah, oil, garlic and rind in a large bowl, add prawns; toss to coat in the dukkah mixture.
- Thread prawns onto eight bamboo skewers. Cook skewers on a heated oiled barbeque until the prawns change colour.
Hot tip:you can buy prawns already shelled from the fishmonger. Dukkah can be found in the spice aisle of supermarkets. Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 1 hour to prevent splintering and scorching during cooking.
Serving suggestion:serve with lemon wedges and a mixed lead salad.
Looking for more mouth watering BBQ recipes? Visit the Barbeques Galore website here.